Published on Tuesday, 10 December 2013 21:06
Since the General Meeting on 25 November, many different drafts have been drawn up, in an attempt to have draws acceptable to as many Clubs as possible. For example, instead of the attached 10 team Premier / 11 team Colts draw which was decided on, an 11 team draw for both was considered - but this contained 2 Byes every week for Premier grades, and needed 22 weeks to complete. For the lower grades, it was again considered to combine some Premier Clubs to form A and B combinations, thereby being able to retain C Grade - however, in the end the Board has decided, as announced at the General Meeting, to stick with the two tiered competition by including all 22 nominations received.
- It has been attempted to have minimal disruption to Clubs by having an 11 team Colts draw running in tandem with the 10 team Premier draw (for P1, P2 and P3).
- Match times remain as per previous seasons – there may be some changes made to Singleton Colts games
- Premier Finals Series has been altered on Preliminary Finals day to the Sunday (14 Sept) of that weekend
Two New Competitions - "Presidents Cup" and "Patrons Shield"
- The two new competitions will be known as the “Presidents Cup" and “Patrons Shield"
- Again, it has been attempted to minimise disruption for Clubs in the draws, but you will appreciate that having two 11 team competitions means that Clubs will have to separate on some away games
- Kick-off times will remain at 1.45 pm (Patrons Shield) and 3 pm (Presidents Cup), but some changes will have to be made concerning Singleton matches, and as well, times can be varied by Clubs’ mutual agreement, or at the discretion of the Fixtures Committee
- The Grand Finals of these two grades will be played on the Saturday (13 Sept)
- Rewording of relevant By-Laws will be put in place to reflect the two new competitions in regard to player eligibility
Click here to access draws - NOTE: ALL DRAWS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Published on Sunday, 01 December 2013 21:38
Following a trial held yesterday at Dangar Park, the NHRU representative Colts squad has been selected.
The squad is to meet tomorrow, Tuesday 3 December, 6.30 pm at Dangar Park
Click below for the full squad list